Saturday, April 13, 2013

Piped pocket skirt

Next up:  a piped pocket skirt!

I had wanted to make a simple dress for Abigail, sort of a canvas for something fun, but didn't have quite enough of this charcoal twill, so skirt it was. I sized up the tutorial a little bit by cutting 1/2" off the top of the skirt pieces and adding 1" to the hem.  Then I added a facing to the inside of the waist, instead of folding a casing down. Far less bulky. The facing and the inner of the pockets are scraps from the polka dot ruffle top. I used some scrap cording and narrow white bias tape to make the piping.

She likes it!