It's the bow clutch again, this time in a flocked taffeta, lined in purple/blue/pink floral cotton. This time I rounded the bottom corners, and I did the zipper ends again.
This one was a bit of a trial for something else I had in mind - I'm glad I decided to add a little detail, because I love it! (especially with the olive military skinny pants.)
|Isn't that just the most cheeky little face?? (excuse the dirty mirror...)|
Details Pattern: Pleated Dress by Leila & Ben Fabric: Daisy Kingdom gingham, scraps of cotton in white and purple rose print Mods: I shortened the pattern to top/tunic length, made it a little wider at the hem for a swing effect, cut the front without the pleat, and did a facing instead of full lining. Also added a ruffled button placket on the front before lining. Here it is without a shirt under it. Not quite liking how open the armholes are. I think this will just be for layering instead of a sleeveless top. She loves it though - "Adidail pitty!"
The other night I whipped up a couple of these snack pouches. I'm tired of sending plastic ziploc bags to school, but Ian can't open the smaller plastic containers himself - he loves this flames bag!
I used the tutorial here, mostly for dimensions. Tried it out first with some plain white PUL as lining and cotton for outers. These are 5"x6" and 4"x4". I did the flames one as a single layer, and added an extra 1.5" at the flap to double it over for some extra weight.
Getting excited for the Kids Clothes Week challenge next week!