ETA - SHHHHH if you know her! I'm pretty sure she doesn't check my blog regularly...
ETA #2 - She likes them!
My sister is getting married in 10 days! She liked the coordinating kitchen stuff I made a while ago for a kitchen swap I was part of, so I promised I'd make her some things. We went fabric shopping together and she picked out Amy Hamberlin's "Genevieve" line.
Here's what she's getting tonight at her shower:
Potholders with InsulBrite inside. Both wonky log cabin blocks, one a full and one a quarter block.
Backs (just because I think they look interesting!) Ignore the somewhat bumpy binding. :/
Table runner, my own design based on the Dresden plate template. I don't have a walking foot, and I didn't want it to have a lot of loft, so I just did a layer of flannel in the centre instead of batting. Worked surprisingly well, as the flannel was grabby and kept the layers from shifting.
Two topped towels (loosely followed tutorial here)
Valance for the kitchen window. Pretty basic, except I tried an exciting new-to-me technique for the hems! I sandwiched the raw edge of the main fabric top between the two raw edges of the hem fabric, rolling the extra width of the main fabric up to fit between. Then sewed those three edges together, and turned the tube right side out! No pressing under and topstitching needed. Sort of hard to picture - next time I do it I'll take a photo.
And my friend Suzanne from Making More With Less used the smallest print along with some other coordinating fabrics to make an apron for her! So not matchy-matchy, but still goes together.