Finished these two swimsuits for Abigail and me a bit ago. I'm really excited to have a tankini that is long enough first time ever!
Pattern: Jalie 3023, skirted tankini for Abigail, briefs for me.
Fabric: Swimsuit print, Fabricland; white solid, Marshall Fabrics
Modifications: On both suits I angled about 1/4" in on each side of the top yoke pieces when sewing the binding on. It seemed to gape otherwise. Also added 3/4" to the length of the tankini top for me (my usual length adjustment is 1.5" - 2"). Aside from that, no mods. Everything is topstitched with a three-step zigzag.
I'm going to be brave a post a pic, not a very good one, I'm afraid. I did the shelf bra inside the tankini top and sewed in cups for added support. I just used cups from a bra that fit well - will see how well that holds up. I'm pretty happy with how the bottoms fit too. Nearly every suit I've ever tried has dragged from either the top or the bottom because of my length, so this is a treat!
Abigail loves her skirted suit. The size 2 is a little bit big on her skinny bottom when it's wet, now that she doesn't wear swim diapers anymore, but other than that it is perfect.
Next up - the Bombshell Swimsuit for me! I'm pretty nervous about trying this - it feels like a fluke that these two tankinis were so straightforward. This fabric from Girl Charlee just arrived in the mail, and I've gotten as far as printing the pattern. Wish me luck!